What is the role of an Administrative Professional?
The need for administrative assistants is strong and growing. These essential office workers are respected and valued by many businesses that rely on their competence, efficiency, hard work, and willingness to keep offices organized.
Administrative professionals are the center of information within organizations. They provide support in many ways, including:
- Coordinate workflow and relieve management of administrative details
- Compose correspondence and reports
- Maintain the supervisor’s calendar
- Arrange travel
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise secretarial or clerical staff as required
- Do Internet research
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Coordinate and maintain records
- Set up and facilitate meetings and conferences
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Manage projects
- Answer the telephone
- Perform general clerical duties such as faxing, mailing, and filing